When painting in watercolours, with a love of wild flowers and inspired by natural forms in the landscape, whether it be white frothy cow parsley or spiky rust coloured teasels, Tia works outside directly from the landscape whenever possible, injecting a fresh contemporary feel to her paintings, whilst using traditional techniques.
Tia begins by drawing with ink, a brush, dip pen and bamboo pen, followed by loose energetic application of watercolour. Strong flowing lines and subtle wet on wet washes that have a life of their own- combine to produce lively images capturing the essence of the ever-changing weather on her subjects.
At college, her focus was vibrant still life painting in oil- this love of strong colour is reflected in her recent oils of still life and landscapes. Silk screen printing is a further exploration of strong colour combined with drawing.
Tia Lambert was born in London and trained at West Surrey College of Art and Design, gaining a BA Hons in Fine Art. Since leaving the Royal Academy Schools, London in 1985 , Tia has lived and worked in Malvern, Worcestershire. For the last twenty years she has taught and led workshops and given demonstrations. Exhibiting both locally and nationally, her work is held in many private collections.
- Exhibitions Include
- Iapetus Gallery, Malvern, one person show x 5
- Blue Ginger Gallery, Cradley
- Little Buckland Gallery, Broadway
- Clay Barn Gallery, Alcester
- Society of Women Artists, London
- Shell House Gallery, Ledbury
- Malvern Amnesty Exhibition
- The Foal Yard Gallery, Bransford
- Royal West of England Academy
- Stanbrooke Abbey, Funny Blood Charity Exhibition
- Birties of Worcester
- Birmingham and Midland Medical Art Society Exhibitions
- The New Gallery, The Mumbles
- Richard Hagan, Broadway
- Long Curve Gallery, Chipping Camden
- The Cedar House Gallery, Ripley
- New Ashgate Gallery, Farnham
- The Burlington Gallery, Piccadilly
- RA Summer Show
- New English Art Club
- John Player Portrait Award, National Portrait Gallery
- Mall Galleries, 'The Seeing Eye'
- New Academy Gallery, London
- Example Art, London
- Anna-Mai Chadwick, London
- Art for Offices, London
- IBM Centre, London
- Siau Gallery, Amsterdam
- Minton Fine Art, Toronto
Work Featured In:
- The Complete Oil Painter by Brian Gorst
- Worcestershire Life Magazine
- Worcester Living Magazine
- Leisure Painter magazine in articles on underpainting
- Elizabeth Greenshields Foundation Award, Canada
- AA2A (Artists Access to Art College), Worcester University